Thursday, February 12, 2015

Dark Place

You wrapped me in an embrace so strong.
No space between us, no secrets to hide.
I didn't know it was possible to feel so safe inside, 
Without the ever present need to lie.

You made me hope for a future of my own.
One where I wasn't always alone.
Hopes that were always buried down deep, 
Secrets that I assumed I'd always keep.

Letting go for a second, a second to breath.
The air was fresh and bittersweet.
The moment passed.
A tear down the cheek.

How easily the  walls crumbled down, 
Silently, completely, without a sound...
It was a lightness, a freedom.
Now an ache.

I let go, I didn't know what else to do.
The walls reconstructed with new levels of pain.
A hurt all over, built of sorrow and shame.
Deep in the darkness, doomed to remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment