Wednesday, June 26, 2013

So I'm on this big Jane Austen kick.  No I have never read any of her books but I love her movies.  I haven't read the books because really she freaks me out.  I just know that she is far more intelligent than I shall ever be in my lifetime and I won't understand a word she says. But I'm going to try.  I've been beading to Lost in Austen, which is a BBC mini series that is amazing, watch it.  And I also watched the great Colin Firth play Darcy in that six hour movie.  You tube and Hulu are amazing. :)

Today I went to town with my sister to fool around.  She lives six hours away from me now, it's hard without her here.  But I got an awesome book haul!!  Let me just tell you what I got at Goodwill and the used bookstores:  

The Little Prince by  Antoine de Saint Exupery
Anne Frank:  The Diary of a Young Girl
The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson
Bridget Jones's Diary - Helen Fielding
Insomnia - Steven King
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Next - Stieg Larsson
Zeke and Ned - Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana
The Christian Atheist - Craig Groeschel

Interesting thing is that Craig Groeschel is my former pastor from OK!!!  I found his book all the way in ID in a goodwill store!  I was super excited!!  I can't wait to start reading some of these books! (a side note.  I have more books than some people will see in their lifetimes and yet I can't stop)  Unfortunatley I'm still reading Lord of the Rings because I am.  I'm really not sure if I like it all that much.  It keeps me entertained while I'm reading but I'm not dying to read it.  Does that make sense??  

Hasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment